(1934 – 1941)
This district is located at the northern limits of Teusaquillo; with Calle 26 and Diagonal 28 to the south, Avenida Caracas to the east, and the residential neighborhood Las Mercedes to the west, which at the beginning of the development process, had already been recognized as one of the first examples of the city where houses and buildings alternated on the same street. As a result of amendments to the initial project and intensified construction due to the events of April 9th, 1948.
It is a sector of the city that developed as a middle-class neighborhood occupying the remaining space between Chapinero and Calle 26. Many German immigrants, some of them architects, came to live in this neighborhood; and, were responsible for the construction of various buildings preserved there.