Water is a natural resource fundamental for life. Because of this, Ospinas outlines 10 tips that can help preserve this precious liquid. That way, you can not only help take care of the planet, but also improve your economy monthly. Simple habits to put into practice every day in your office or on your property.
1. When your wash dishes by hand, turn off the faucet while soaping the dishes. A good idea is to have two big containers; one full of water and soap, and the other with clean water to rinse.
2. Wash fruits and vegetables in a pot of water.
3. You can water your plants with the water used to wash your fruits and vegetables.
4. Take a 5 minute shower. Bathing in less time will save you 1000 gallons of water per month.
5. Throw toilet paper in the trash can, not in the toilet. Almost 10 liters of water are used each time you put toilet paper in the toilet.
6. Install a flow reducer in every shower on your property. This will decrease the consumption of water by 50% each time you bathe.
7. Do not defrost food under the faucet. Use the refrigerator, taking food out of the freezer and putting it in the lowest part of the refridgerator.
8. Avoid the pre-wash cycle for the washing machine.
9. Collect rain water, as this can be used to clean the floors in your house.
10. Place a bottle full of sand or a brick in the toilet tank. This will save you 7300 liters of water per year.
Send this to friend