(1934 – 1946)
This district is one of the best examples of the new urban concepts introduced by Austrian Karl H. Brunner (1887-1960) to Bogotá. Situated between Calle 45 and Calle 49 and Avenida 15 and Avenida 22, it was developed on the northern end of the former Avenida 5 of La Merced.
During its era, Palermo had a trolley line on Diagonal 42 leading to the racetrack.
At the time, Brunner took into account in this proposal, as well as he did in others, the variables related to social concerns that led him to introduce a social structure to the Palermo neighborhood, such as a school and a park, which allowed the sector to have autonomous resources that are still preserved.